Saturday, March 17, 2012

Everyone Poops



One of my favorite parts of parenthood thus far HAS to be potty training. I mean, who doesn't love throwing down with a 2 and-a-half year old every hour about visiting the bathroom? The fight preceding the act actually taking 4x longer than the act itself. Unless we are talking about a #2 of course, that can take some time.

But when it comes to #2 we aren't doing real hot. Maybe she just finds it easier to poop standing up, I don't know. I can count the number of successful potty poops on one hand. I even photo documented one for the hubby because he wasn't around to witness the great miracle. That's how sad my life truly is sometimes.

So this weekend we are implementing a potty chart strictly to track pooping progress. Our daughter loves stickers so she will get to place one on a sidewalk square for each #2 that makes it in the potty. For that little bit of instant gratification; a few M&Ms and a sticker to keep should suffice. Once she reaches the end of the sidewalk she will be rewarded for her grand accomplishment with a bike (actually a tricycle or big wheel). And with any luck, her bathroom visits will be like second nature.

I made the chart last night and today was day numero uno. I am happy to report we had a small victory. I had to spend 20 minutes hanging out in the bathroom, but I think maybe it was worth it. I wasn't even prepared as my chart hadn't been printed or put up. Had to call in back up (the hubby) for that task. I still intend to put "Merewynn's Potty Chart" in the blank spaces by the sidewalk.

The pictures aren't really great, but our bathroom is tiny and you can never keep a toddler still. Since I "borrowed" images from the interwebs for this chart I won't be sharing it here as was my original intent. There happen to be some sites out there that do have them available though, so have no fear. Potty Training Concepts has a variety to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment